Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

Well, it's that time of year again.    The time for family, food, fun...... fighting, anger, frustrations....

I don't know about you guys, but I have a love/hate relationship with holidays. I love my family, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I just think it might be nice to spend a holiday alone, or with someone who isn't in my immediate family, you know? Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. I don't know. All I know is that as much as I love my family, sometimes we bug each other. Sometimes we butt heads. And sometimes I just wanna get in my car and drive away.

But you know what? Even in the frustration, I am constantly reminded that I am so so blessed to have them. Yeah, my family can be a little nuts, but whose isn't? Life is no fun without a little crazy. 

So instead of focusing on the frustrations, I want to take a little time to list some people that I am thankful for.

Mom - thanks for always telling me that you love me, for never giving up on me.... even when I was going through my stupid years. I love you

Daddy - Thank you for always pushing me to go for my dreams and always telling me that I can be anyone and anything I want to be. You are the reason I have always pushed myself to be the best I can be... specifically in music. You're the best dad ever. 

Casey - I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll just start by saying that I loaf you. ;) You are the best big sister that I could have ever asked for. Even when we want to beat the snot out of each other, I know you'll always love me and I'll always love you. You're my opposite but you're my best friend.

Adam - You've basically been my big brother for forever. You're an awesome brother-in-law, a great example of how a man should treat his wife, and a genuinely fantastic guy. I couldn't ask for a better brother. You're perfect for my sister and I am so glad that God put you two together.

Bree - You've been my best friend through so much. You've put up with my stubbornnes and been just as stubborn right back to me. You've been my shoulder to cry on, my listening ear, and the one person in my life that I can be 100% myself with. There's no one in the world like you. You're my soul sister. I can't even begin to describe how much I love you.

Angela - God definitely knew what He was up to when He planned for us to meet. You're the little sister I never had. You're one of the sweetest, most kind-hearted people I know. I still don't understand how we're friends. haha. But I am so grateful we are. I love you so much and I am so glad that you are pretty much a part of my family. 

Kris and Sarah - You guys seriously have no idea the impact you have made on my life. I wouldn't be who I am today without the wisdom I have gained from you both. You always told me the truth, even when it was hard to hear and even when I didn't want to hear it. I love you both.

Bethany, Kim, Emily, Brooke, Meredith, and Karissa - Y'all we're seriously the best leadership I could have ever hoped for, for my first year at Liberty. You are all so gracious and loving and wonderful. I am so blessed beyond belief to know you.

Jessica - We have become friends so quickly that it feels like I have known you for years... even though it's only been a couple months. I am so thankful that I started going to GospelCC and our community group. Meeting you is one of the best things that has happened this fall. Love you so much, girl. I'm looking forward to growing, learning, and serving with you. 




I would encourage all of you to really think about the people you are thankful for and tell them. You never know how much just a simple "I am thankful you are in my life" can mean. 
I love you all
Jesus loves you more. 
-Kate             

No comments:

Post a Comment