"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him. For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes and see how the wicked are punished.
If you make the LORD your refuge, if you will make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you, no plague will come near your home. For He will protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
The LORD says, 'I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.'" Psalm 91
Have you ever just stopped and thought about how faithful God is? For most of us, the answer to that question is yes. Have you ever thought about His faithfulness when you're in the middle of a situation where you have absolutely no idea what to do or how things will turn out? Yeahhhh that's a little tougher....
I'm gonna be honest. This semester is proving to be really hard for me. I'm not talking about my classes, though those are challenging. I'm just talking about life in general. I realllllly just want to be back in North Carolina with my family more than anything right now. I know that God wants me where I am though. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing besides school but I know He has a plan. Jeremiah 29:11 tells me that clearly. It's just frustrating not knowing what to do. I feel like I lack purpose. And for anyone who knows me, you know that I need to feel like I have a purpose for being here. I need to be needed.
Another hard aspect is that I am So. Lonely. All the time. I miss my family. I miss my friends from my hall from last year. Even though most of us are still here, it's not the same being off campus. I feel a lack of connection. Living on a hall, you can kind of take it for granted that you have people around all the time. Living off campus shows you really quickly just how lonely life can be. I mean, I have 4 roommates and a cat, but my roommates and I all have really different schedules and I don't want to be a cat lady so.... yeah... it get's lonely. But you know what? Within my loneliness, I am learning. I'm learning to know God and trust that He is sufficient for anything I could ever need in life. He is drawing me closer to Him in ways that I couldn't have ever imagined. I am learning every day just how awesome the God of the universe is.
I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am that God got a hold of my life and my heart. I honestly have no doubts that I wouldn't be here if He hadn't woken me up. I was at a point where I was so desperate to feel something that if I didn't get to a point where I felt alive that I was ready to end it all. It's true when people say that Jesus radically changes lives. The change I have seen in my life is proof enough for me. So while I may not really be content right now, I know this unrest is here for a reason. Maybe He is getting me ready to move forward to something that I never imagined. Or maybe He is wanting to show me something I need to let go of so He isn't letting me settle until it's gone. All I know is that I have to continue to pray and seek His will.
So I guess this post is mainly to ask you all to pray for me. Pray that I stay on the path He has in store for me and that I won't stray off on my own.
Maybe you're dealing with something similar. Maybe He pushed me to post this to be an encouragement that you are not alone.
As always, if any of you ever need me to pray for you, or if you just need a friend, know that I am always here.
I love you all.
Jesus loves you more.
Kati
I love this. And I love you!!
ReplyDelete