Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Settle My Soul

Oh, this aching in my soul. This burning desire for companionship. God, why have you kept me single? Why are You waiting to send that one for whom my heart desires my way? I see my friends who are my age in happy, serious relationships, some getting engaged, and some getting married. What about me? Do You have someone out there for me?
  God, I would settle for just a close friend. Someone with whom I could pour my heart out too. You know my heart and You know my trust issues. God, You know that sometimes I even have a hard time trusting You, even though I know that You are the only One who will never abandon me.
  Abba, I am so lonely. You have seen the tears that I cry. You have heard my desperate thoughts. You have felt my pain when I see my friends and then am reminded that I am alone. God, please make me content. I say that I am okay with my life but You know that I yearn for so much more. Settle my soul, Jesus. Be my Jehovah Shalom. I need peace so much right now. God, I just want to be where You want me  to be. Please, just be my comfort. Be my rest. Be my friend.
-Your daughter

To the one for whom my soul desires,
   If you exist, know that I love you. More than anything, I want to be by your side to be your one and only. I want to be your other half. I want to be your bride. If you're out there, I am dreaming of the day I meet you. If you are feeling the loneliness that I feel, I pray that God will comfort you as well. He will bring us together when the time is right.
-Your future bride

No comments:

Post a Comment