Thursday, June 21, 2012

loved ones lost

By the title of this you'd probably think someone died.....


I honestly feel like a part of me has.


The person I have been best friends with for 3 or 4 years won't talk to me anymore.
I had a feeling this would happen. I knew it would hurt but I couldn't imagine this kind of intense pain.

I knew when I started taking my faith seriously that I would lose friends. It's a cost I was, and still am willing to pay. It's worth it. But that doesn't make it hurt any less. I have been crying for a while now and I don't see these tears stopping any time soon.

When you invest your time and life in someone and you trust them and they trust you with things that a lot of other people don't know, only to have that person abandon you because of differences in beliefs. It hurts. Realllllly bad.

I don't know if this friendship is over for just a while or forever. But I can promise that it's a friendship that I will never forget. I love all of my friends equally. No matter what lifestyle they live, what political party they follow, or what they do or don't believe. I was not placed in this world to judge. I'm here to love.

To my friend:  You know who you are. I don't know if you will ever read this or if you even care what I have to say anymore. But if there's one thing I want you to know, it's that I love you and I will never stop loving you and praying for you.



Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.   -James 1:2-6



But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

 

1 comment:

  1. Honestly - again.... You are beautiful. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Your heart is so big because of Jesus... keep letting Him fill it...and you'll always have more love to share with ALL whom He brings into your life...whether it's for a lifetime or short time ...just keep loving Him and letting Him love all through you.
    What a precious gem you are becoming.

    ReplyDelete