Tuesday, February 21, 2012

battles

This past week and into this week I have been seriously struggling with being lonely and feeling completely worthless and unwanted. This semester is just proving to be overwhelming for me. I went home for the weekend because 1) I didn't feel well and 2)I needed some time with my momma. Honestly, it was a battle to make myself come back to school. Most of the time I feel entirely isolated. I keep thinking that maybe God is trying to teach me to cling to Him right now, but the more I try to dig deeper into His word, the more difficult things become. The more isolated I feel. And the more I just want to quit.
  Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I do NOT quit things easily. So for me to be wanting to just throw my hands up and call it quits is a big deal. That doesn't really happen. Sure, I get frustrated, but I always push through it. This seems different. I am alone, three hours from home, struggling with feeling rejected (especially today) and basically I am just miserable.
  I just don't know how to get out of this rut. I also don't know how I got in it in the first place. I just keep praying Jeremiah 29:11. God knows His plan for me. It's a plan to prosper me and not to cause me harm. A plan to get me a future to hope for. Now if I can just find the strength and courage to get through this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment